There are no two ways about it, to connect with your audience you need great content.
All the websites, blogs and social media platforms in the world won’t help you if you are unable to populate them with great content. Then syndicate it so it gets seen by your prospects and customers, and if possible ethically persuade them to give you their information so you can follow up with them.
Developing content isn’t easy, but we have developed a way to get hundreds of pieces of great content online.
There are several benefits to becoming an author:
- Being a published author automatically gives people the perception that you are an authority in your field and they’ll be more apt to listen to what you say… and be more apt to try your products and services.
- It opens up media interviews and speaking opportunities which gain exposure and build your authority even further.
- It can be used as a marketing tool to set you apart from your competitors. If you hand a potential client a copy of your book while your competitor hands them a business card, who do you think they will remember? Which will get tossed in the trash as they head out the door, the business card or your book? What if they received the book in the mail as part of an intro package?
- With self publishing, you can write the book as you please… which means you can use it to subtly market yourself and your business. If you are an authority talking about what to look for to get the best products and services in your profession or industry, they will assume you run your business that way… and you can let them know that you indeed do have all of the important benefits you are describing. That’s great marketing.
- You can use your book to capture leads for your business. Offer special information, or a video, or special discount offers for new clients and send them to a url to capture their email address before they can access their free gifts, then get in front of them via newsletter every 1-2 weeks… there are many possibilities.
Even though creating content and writing a book is a big job, our program is quite simple, and we can do most of the work for you. If you are well organized it should only take one day of your time to create 6-12 months worth of content, including most of the content for a book.
Content – Authorship Process
- We work with you to create an outline of the content you want to include in a book.
- We turn the outline points into interview questions. (or teaching points)
- Then we create a video interview. (or educational videos with you teaching in front of a camera)
- Those videos are shot and edited and broken into 1-3 minute segments.
- These segments are transcribed and the audio files are copied as audio. This gives us video, audio and written content.
- Transcriptions are compiled and put together for editing as the backbone of your book.
- Each original piece of content is distributed to a dozen or so video sites, social sites, podcast sites, article sites, and blogs. (See diagram below)
- We Set up a marketing funnel for your book, linking these pieces of content to your book and your business. This includes pre-sale lead capture pages and sales pages.
- We publish your book on Amazon.
- You end up with massive amounts of content online that all include a call to action. You have a book you can use to gain authority, get media interviews, get speaking engagements, and market your expertise.
The book would not be created to make money from book sales, though it could generate a few dollars as a side benefit to offset your marketing costs. It would be a marketing piece to open doors and build authority in your marketplace so you can more effectively sell your products and or services. It could also be used as a stepping stone to sell an online course, information, membership site, or other ideas that relate to your industry.
The book will give you the authority and help you build a list of targeted prospects and clients that can be accessed to launch other projects in the future and to make more sales in your current business.
Creating enough great content to make a difference to their marketing strategy is one of the things most businesses struggle to keep up with. This is a comprehensive content strategy that enables us to get tons of content that can be reused for multiple purposes, including a published book.
Our content distribution strategy gives syndication to at least 12 sites for every 1 piece of content:
Sample Sales Page Layout (varies with need):
Samples of our videographer’s work below. This is not the same kind of video we would be doing for your interview or teaching content, but shows that we use quality professional videographers.
Ecohome/Ecoheat (Done by Jordan for Yellow Pages):
Pregnancy Resource Centre SJ:
Distributing hundreds of pieces of content across the web and publishing a book in the process could be invaluable for your business.
Call Rod today to discuss if you have any questions: 506-847-4025